Thursday, June 29, 2017

Weebly Wobbles

Weebly is the first website I created and overall, I found it easy to use.
I was able to sign up easily, follow simple prompts to get started, and pick a theme. There are free and paid options.  

In the screenshot below you will see some of the prompts, options, and tools available:
As you can see, it is simple to build and edit your website using the prompts on the top of the page and the tools represented on the left side tool bar.  Where Weebly really wobbled for me was in choosing a theme.  It may well have been operator error, but I had great difficulty in personalizing any of the standard themes/backgrounds.
Once I found my way around that, I could explore more of the building options:



I probably should have used a tutorial to avoid my trouble with the theme, but I did not. For this assignment, I found several when I googled and I've included one here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJcncH4NQMA

I built this professional website fairly quickly for informational and job seeking purposes.  I look forward to revamping it for CURR 550.  I'll be exploring more of the options and digging into the toolbox to expand the website to serve my adult students and to be a potential resource for other ESL teachers, particularly those serving refugees.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Narrative/Final Project

     This is the story of my professional website http://www.maryksteele.com .   Wait!   Before you fall asleep, let me assure you that i...